Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Oh I wish I'd looked after my feet


It's that time of year again when I just don't know what to wear on my feet, and it seems I'm not alone. Anna Wintour's dressed for er, winter in fancy court shoes and tights, whilst Hilary Alexander's still rocking flip flops and fluorescent orange nail varnish. One thing I do know is that after a summer out in the open my feet need a bit of TLC. Last week saw Coronation Street's Blanche Hunt soaking her cracked heels in Deidre's washing up bowl - but there's no need to resort to the kitchen sink, I've asked beauty journalist Vicci Bentley for advice:

'Buff the buggers!' says Vicci, 'I'm currently loving Revlon's Pedi Expert (£9.78 from Boots). It's like a pink parmesan grater that catches all the grot, without showering it shamefully all over the bathroom floor. The pros say it's best to use it on dry skin, although you get more off if your feet are slightly damp from the shower. Do go gently though - it's tempting to just keep on filing to even out all the cracks, but you don't want sore, red heels instead. And don't do it too often either - a quick buff with the smooth side of the file every other day, then the 'cheese grater' once a week's enough. You'll also need to cane the foot lotion - I like Garnier Skin Naturals Foot Cocoon - it's not too greasy.'

Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...