Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bruce Weber: Hollywood Memories

Blimey, time flies by and all that... a new edition of Arena Homme + has hit the shelves and I haven't even got round to blogging about the last one! Or maybe I can just pretend I'm fashionably late. Whatever. I just wanted to say a big three cheers to Bruce Weber and his gorgeous, glamorous Hollywood Memories photographs.

Who he's met, what they did and why he loved them....



'Jimmy Scott was a singer who could give Billie Holiday a run for her money.'


Dave Brubeck; 'The first jazz record I ever bought was Dave Brubeck Quartet's 'Take Five.'



Paul Jasmin (professor of photography); ' I have to stand in a long line when I say I'm in love with Paul..his book about Los Angeles are prized possessions.'



David Hockney;' Everywhere around his house were his paintings, sketches and drawings of people from the past, present and future. I think he had a schoolboy crush on all of them.' Whilst we're on the subject of Hockney, we'd like to draw your attention to a fabulous post on Mr Peacock Style.



Helmut Newton;' He was like a dad to me...as a photographer it's always good to have a guardian angel.'



Robert Mitchum; 'Bob's history in Hollywood is one of a wild man. The guy I got to know was well read, had a good sense of humour and was loyal.'



Robert Altman; ' He was old school and hip at the same time.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...