Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The fashion bin




Inspired by the artist, Michael Landy, 46, That's Not My Age has decided to create a fashion bin. Landy's Art Bin at the South London Gallery is a 'monument to creative failure' and more like an enormous, clear perspex skip than a regular dustbin:



The London-born conceptual artist has thrown away some of his own work (I'll say no more!), and is asking fellow artists and civilians for donations. Anyone can apply but Landy makes the final decision as to what goes into the container. So far, there's a Damien Hirst skull painting, a Tracey Emin saltire, a golden exercise ball and a rather large blue bottle (not part of the installation and as far as I could tell, unapproved by Mr Landy).

The fashion bin is a home for unwanted gifts, ridiculous items - spring/summer 2010 included, and any fashion faux pas my public would like to get rid of. When asked if he'd like to donate, Michael Landy replied, ' What would I chuck in? Nothing of my own because I'm incredibly fashionable!' So, That's Not My Age is going to start things off with this Alexander McQueen shoe:



What will you throw into the fashion bin?

Photos

Damien Hirst/Art Bin: The Guardian
Zipper bin: Wheelie Art
McQueen shoe: Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...