Monday, November 22, 2010

Big Girl's Blouse




Inspired by Lauren Hutton's easy style, the romance of seventies disco and the glory of glam rock, That's Not My Age recently felt the urge to buy a silk blouse. I've always been fond of sparkle, there's a healthy sprinkling of Lurex in my party drawer but a silk blouse isn't something I've ever considered. Until now. I came across the Gold Silk Blouse (GSB) at a vintage fair, upstairs at the local pub, classy eh? It's by a label I never thought I'd own, Escada. Shoulder pads, fucshia long-line jackets and ostentatious floral prints really aren't my thing. Anyhow, as you can see the nearly-new blouse is grown-up, glamorous and er, golden. To date, the GSB has joined forces with a pair of slim black pants - though as the ChloƩ catwalk picture shows, camel works just as well - and an old pair of jeans.



But I may even wear it with a skirt (pencil probably but the new fuller/midi shape could also be an option) and kitten heels. You see, the GSB has plenty of mileage and is well worth it's price tag, eight English pounds.

Like the commoner and the prince, the union of That's Not My Age and the slinky shirt is destined to last. And because you're never too old for animal print, I'm hoping when the sales come along to be the proud owner of grown-up blouse number two. Ooh does that mean there'll be three of us in the marriage?



Fortunately, it's a matt fabric and not a super-shiny, slippy silk like Keef's shirt, which is fine if you're a showbiz legend or a northern barmaid but I'm guessing it's not low-key enough for Lauren.




Do you own a big girl's blouse?


Photos

Lauren Hutton: John Spellman at Retna Ltd
Tucker blouse: Net-a-Porter
Liz McDonald and Bet Lynch: Rolling Stone Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...