Monday, December 27, 2010

Style moment of the year 2010



Having received just the front half of a Christmas card from Mr That's Not My Age's mum and a gift encased in toilet roll from the Blog Widower himself (apparently there's a bubble wrap drought in south London), I reached for another cinnamon star biscuit and cast my mind back to more glamorous times. London Fashion Week (LFW) February 2010, when on the look out for style tips, That's Not My Age shamelessly trailed Bianca Jagger across the cobbles at Somerset House. Here she is looking fabulous in Roberto Cavalli at the British Fashion Awards earlier this month.

Anyway, back to my little chat with BJ. 'Don't let people tell you what to do,' stated the woman who rode through Studio 54 on a white stallion. I nodded obediently. 'I've had a sense of what I wanted to wear since I was twenty.' Can't argue with that. From Halston to Yves Saint Laurent, statement coats to snakeskin boots, Jagger's self-assured attitude and singular take on glamour has always looked effortlessly chic. But what about now that she's older? 'Know your pros and cons. Highlight your pros and disguise your cons.' A reliable fashion rule beautifully executed above. See how Bianca Jagger manages to cover up and exude sex appeal in one gorgeous, emerald green gown. 'And don't let anyone take your photo from below!' The last instruction aimed at LFW photographers lurking nearby and guaranteed to reduce the risk of an unflattering double chin shot. Sound advice from a style legend.


What was your style moment of 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...