Saturday, January 2, 2010

Where the wild prints are: part deux



So it's true, the animals come along two-by-two. Having found a neat Agnés b leopard print t-shirt I thought my animal hunger had been sated, but then I spotted this gorgeous vintage sixties coat. At £75 it cost around the same amount as the t-shirt, but you won't catch me wearing them together, remember the rules - double animal print is a no-no. With a coat this eye-catching, it's best to keep the rest of the outfit simple, but one thing I will be adding is a splash of Iggy Pop in Stephen Sprouse attitude;

'I bought a Day-Glo yellow hooded leopard print, three quarter length winter jacket,' said Mr Pop, ' I wore it out of the store and hailed a cab on Sixth Avenue, and the cab driver said, 'You've got the wrong holiday, it's not Halloween.' I thought, "All right, I'll show you. I'll make this jacket famous." I made it my mission to wear it everywhere. I sort of beat that one to death.'




Ever had an item of clothing that you never wanted to take off (or that a cab driver has insulted!)?


Images from The Stephen Sprouse Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...