Saturday, April 9, 2011

Corduroy



Now that's an attention-grabbing title if ever I saw one - guaranteed to get the over-forties going! The other day, realising that my obsession with Ines de la Fressange's Parisian Chic was becoming quite scary, one of my friends shoved a copy of Corduroy magazine into my hands. Based on the idea that a corduroy jacket never goes out of style - which That's Not My Age likes very much - this publication is intended to be totally timeless. So all the features are on classic artists/designers/actors rather than here today, gone tomorrow celebs. There's an interview inside with Ethan Hawke, 40, whose forehead is just like mine:



And another on 46-year-old British actor, Julia Ormond. Whose forehead I want.



Angelica Houston, nearly 61, is on the cover:



Yes, that's Angelica Houston, not Cindy Sherman. Houston is a striking woman but I think this image is too frumpy, not gorgeous enough. And her skin looks odd, a bit rubbery. Not the most flattering cover shot I've ever seen - which is why I used the black and white back page shot first. One of the colour photos inside would have been much better.



Corduroy is printed on that lovely, thick matte paper and there's some classic fashion too:





So there you go, a style magazine (and blog) for grown-ups...oh and Ines says you should wear a tuxedo with sneakers not femme fatale sandals. Sorry couldn't resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...