Monday, April 4, 2011

Parisian Chic est arrivé



If you're bored with me blathering on about Ines de la Fressange click away now... I have the new Parisian Chic style guide in my hands and I'm about to use it. Inspired by my new book, I created this lovely still-life photo for you. The stripey vase and tulips (a French home needs fresh flowers) have a Gallic twist, non? According to the model du jour, you don't have to be born in Paris to have Parisian style - and Blackpool does have its own tower.

So, this charming style guide has a posh scrapbook kind of feel, with lots of photos, notes and sketches by IdlF:




I know, there are hundreds of fashion books out there, and some of the Parisian Chic tips we've definitely heard before, but at least this is witty and believable. After all, this model and consultant for Roger Vivier does have thirty years experience in the fashion industry. And who doesn't adore simple French style? I'd rather look like Ines than Trinny and Susannah any day of the semaine.

But this isn't Ines, it's her 17 year-old daughter, Nine. With a chapter on Fashion Botox: don't dress like a teenager, trying to look young is the quickest way to look old, and tips on lifelong beauty - it would've been nice to see IdlF modelling herself. In fact, I seem to remember seeing images of both mother and daughter together, but maybe they're from the French edition (?)

Anyhow. These photos show you how to achieve Parisian style with some not-so-basic basics:





Ines' Paris provides some excellent insider information; where to shop, where to eat and where to have yourself some family fun. Making this a city guide as well a journal of Parisian style. And there are chapters on beauty (That's Not My Age is pleased to learn that mascara on the lower lashes is a French faux pas - I've never worn it because it looks odd. How chic), Parisian deco and how to host the perfect dinner party: keep your guests hungry! The longer they wait the more they'll tell you how delicious everything is.

J'aime Parisian Chic, bien sur. Now all I need is a pair of penny loafers and a cheap Eurostar ticket.


Parisian Chic: A Style Guide, by Inés de la Fressange and Sophie Gachet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...