Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The grown-up guide to festivals: part 1



Mr and Mrs That's Not My Age are off to a music festival. Fortunately, this one's not in a field, it's in a city: Brighton, and we're staying in a hotel. No tents, no wellies, no stinking toilets (at least I hope not) - just a couple of gigs and then off to bed, like proper grown-ups. The days when I could party like a rock star are well and truly behind me. Last time I went to Glastonbury really was the last time. It rained so much we aqua-planed across the motorway, skidded into the nearest town and queued for hours trying to buy some appropriate footwear. When my friend fell into a muddy ditch and spilled her pint down my welly, I knew it was time to go home.

But this weekend will be different.

We will know how to get to the venue and not have to hitch a ride with a stranger. We will not spend hours trudging through muddy battlefields, miss the band we wanted to see and end up watching any old crap (you know who you are Babyshambles). And I will not have to drink heavily in order to numb the pain of sleeping in a rickety tent. But what to wear? Don't want to look too try-hard, or mutton-y. It's guaranteed to be ten degrees cooler down on the coast, so I'll need layers but once we're in the mosh-pit things will certainly start to heat up! That's Not My Age knows that casual glamour (see below) is the way to go, but will it solve my festival fashion conundrum?

And do you have any suggestions?

Photo: Donald Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...