Saturday, May 22, 2010

Jarvis Cocker and the National Trust




Can't believe I haven't blogged about the lovely Jarvis Cocker, 46, before now, the Sheffield-born crooner is a genuine That's Not My Age hero. I could blather on for hours, but I won't. Suffice to say that when I saw Pulp play back in the nineties, Common People reduced me to tears. Now JC has produced what the National Trust's Visitor Experience Director, Tony Berry calls the ultimate chill-out album. Sounds recorded at properties like Brownsea Island and Ham House - birdsong, footsteps on gravel, lapping waves, creaking stairs - all act as aural souvenirs of a good old-fashioned day-trip.

'I hope this album is a holiday for the ears,' says the man who showed Michael Jackson his bum (Brit Awards, 1996, not the Neverland Ranch), 'something to have on in the background to aid relaxation or contemplation.'

Download it for free here



Quotes: Drowned in Sound
Photo: last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...