Friday, May 14, 2010

The grown-up guide to festivals: part 2




OK, I'm supposed to be getting ready to go to Brighton, right now! - so better make this a quick one. Just figuring out what to wear, and my inspirations are this gorgeous picture of Milla Jovovich in an old Emporio Armani campaign, photographed by the mega-talented Peter Lindbergh and Cecilia Chancellor rocking out in a 1993 issue of Elle magazine. That's Not My Age is probably about twenty years older than these two beautiful models, so I better tread carefully or I might end up looking like Courtney Love after a night on the ale.

Regular readers know that I occasionally dabble in a bit of rock chickery and so trying desperately hard not to look like a denim-clad cliché/ the oldest groupie in Brighton here's my outfit for the tonight's gig. OK, OK I said we were going to a festival - and we are - it's just that we're only staying one night and plan to see just one or two bands. Mr TNMA says he hates festivals because they go on too long and there are far too many people. And he's not wrong. So this is the perfect solution.



Don't you love my sequin blazer? A bargain at £50 (down from £195) in the Whistles sale, I've been trying to find the right occasion for months. During the day I'll be toning things down by throwing a military jacket over the top - love this image from Comptoir des Cotonniers, their mothers and daughters campaign is superb.



And I wish I had one of these cotton bird print scarves from Jigsaw:



That's Not My Age likes travelling light, so all I need now are a spare pair of knickers and another t-shirt. It's a toss up between this cute nautical stripe from Wildfox and a plain grey marl number from Diane von Furstenburg:




And that's all folks. Mr & Mrs TNMA have left the building!






Tee shirt photos from Matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...