Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An Older Man



Whilst politicians are getting younger (for the first time in my life, I am older than the leaders of our three main political parties), That's Not My Age is pleased to see that models are getting older. Like the gentleman in lifestyle brand, Toast's new menswear campaign (above).



The autumn issue of Vogue Hommes International is dedicated to groovy old men.



International gentleman, Bryan Ferry reclines on the cover of Fantastic Man - and is about to release a new solo album Olympia. Just try not to think about the fox-hunting.



Sorry can't stop there, I'm on a roll. Let's have some more groovy older men....There's only one Sir Paul as far as I'm concerned, and his surname is Smith. The British designer recently launched a cyclewear range in collaboration with Rapha.



The world might be in love with Don Draper but as we watch one man's life slowly unravelling, silver swinger, Roger Stirling (actor, John Slattery) downs another Martini and goes home to his wife.



Mr Gil Scott Heron. Because his latest album is ace and he still thinks that a CD is an investment. And that, my friends, makes two of us. Well three, actually...



Mr TNMA nipped out the other day and returned with the new Ronnie Wood album hidden in his coat pocket. The art work is terrible but this is not as I suspected the sound of a mid-life-crisis. Surprisingly, there are a couple of really good tracks, one of which features Kris Kristofferson.



Still grooving. Two weeks and counting till Mr Keith Richards' autobiography is published.

And I'll leave you with the words of Pablo Picasso, 'Age only matters when we are ageing. Now that I have arrived at a great age, I might as well be 20.'



Can you think of any other groovy older men?

Photos

Paul Smith: Nicky Emerson
John Slattery: esquire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...