Monday, October 25, 2010

Your purse is on fire!



This week's most-wanted is a gorgeous DAKS kilt. Worn Mitford-style with a simple sweater and mannish brogues, as we're all grown-ups there's no need to dwell on the ankle socks. Despite the fact that the first kilt I ever owned - a lovely red tartan number - ended its days as a duster after I'd taken the scissors to it during a Bay City Roller-inspired frenzy, I've always had a penchant for pleated skirts.

Having quit Girl Guide's after a week (it just wasn't the same as Brownies), I had a uniform and a weekday evening going spare. Like a young Tracey Emin, without the dancing, cider and sex, I stitched a frayed tartan trim around the collar and cuffs, and E-R-I-C in big wonky plaid letters across the back of the cornflower blue shirt. Looking back, I should have left the kilt alone and worked on the unmade bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...