Monday, March 15, 2010

Middle aged crush



This week That's Not My Age has discovered that you're never too old for a teenage crush. Friends say I should get out more, Mr That's Not My Age rightly points out that this kind of behaviour is bad form when you're going steady, but he's in the other room watching telly - and anyway, this is important research. I may be a school girl at heart, but I can multi-task like a grown-up. And to prove it, I have not one, but two crushes on the go at the same time:

1. Tilda Swinton
Joining the ranks of Mary Portas and Jane Birkin on That's Not My Age's best-dressed list, the Scottish actor has got style in spades. Her red carpet outfits are inspired, her beauty other-worldly and she knows how to rock the androgynous look. I can't wait for I Am Love, directed by Luca Guadagnino and featuring Tilda Swinton, 49, (who learned Italian for the part) looking super-chic in Raf Simons for Jil Sander. The film's out on April 9, so until then some stylish snaps to keep me going....



Looking lovely in Lanvin at the 2009 Oscars (Swinton wore Lanvin and won an Oscar in 2008).



Dressed-down chic at the 2009 Venice Film Festival. That's Not My Age loves this combination of silky neutrals.


Click here for a short preview


2. Professor Brian Cox

The 42 year old 'rock star physicist' and presenter of the BBC's fabulous new series, Wonders of the Solar System has to be the happiest man on the planet. Prof Brian Cox is so enthusiastic about his subject matter, he makes physics seem interesting, honest.



Last night, the ex-keyboard player from D:Ream (remember New Labour and Things Can Only Get Better?) even managed a smile whilst dodging a twister in Oklahoma, 'Apparently we've got five minutes till the end of the world,' he laughed, jumping into his car for cover. According to the Daily Mail, Prof Brian spent the night before his A level maths exam at the Hacienda, he got a D but went on to gain a first class honours degree and a PhD in physics. PBC has worked on the Large Hadron Collider, famously saying (in his lovely northern accent), 'Anyone who thinks the LHC will destroy the world is a twat.'

A star is born.

And if Mr TNMA is reading this, I'd just like to point out that the Facebook group 'Professor Brian Cox can collide with me anytime' has nothing to do with me.

Watch the starry wonder on BBCiPlayer



Have you got a middled age crush, or two?



Photos

I Am Love: The Guardian

Tilda Swinton: nymag.com

Brian Cox www.edge.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...