Friday, June 17, 2011

Le Week-end



This post comes to you live from Paris. Instead of relaxing with a glass of wine at a chic little bistro in St Germain, I'm wrestling with a foreign keyboard in an internet cafe. Blogging, it's like an addiction. And, having seen Point Blank (A Bout Portant) this week, I'm half expecting to witness a police chase through the Metro. If you're planning a trip to the cinema this weekend, Point Blank is the best film I've seen all year. An action-packed French thriller (not to be confused with the late 1960s John Boorman film of the same name), an adrenalin-fuelled-90-minute-rush through the French capital.



Another French film I can't wait to see is Potiche with Catherine Deneuve, though I'm told that Deneuve is more popular in England than over here- where Isabelles Adjani and Huppert reign.



On-going research into the secret of French style will involve taking Les Vélib over to Merci:





That's not me, it's Marie France Cohen the lifestyle store's owner. Followed by a trip to the Musée Bourdelle to see the Madame Gres exhibition. Whilst I teeter on the brink of a Blogger Breakdown, Mr That's Not My Age is entering into the spirit by sporting his birthday scarf - I said scarf! Ah well, at least we have Ines de la Fressange as our tour guide.



Photos:

Potiche: InStyle
Marie France Cohen: Liberty blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...