Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer in the City



We're feeling a bit hot and bothered at That's Not My Age Mansions and the Tinto de Verano (red wine and Sprite) doesn't seem to be helping matters. It was over 30 degrees in London today, but that didn't stop Mr That's Not My Age going to work in a jumper. Long story, short: the spare room is currently occupied by Manhattan Brother so the Blog Widower's late-night wardrobe grab uncovered a classic three-button, Merino wool John Smedley that didn't need ironing. Fortunately, Mr TNMA works in an air-conditioned office and came home looking as cool as Roger Federer in Ralph Lauren silk pyjamas. Meanwhile, Manhattan Brother has taken to wearing a pair of my old sunglasses, cursing the lack of air-conditioning and Wi-Fi and asking random questions like, 'Who is Pippa Middleton?' My only salvation is this lovely raffia beach bag from Land's End, which I can't put down. It's large enough for all my usual junk, gives a nod to the Prada summer stripes trend and if the sun gets any fiercer, I'll be wearing it on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...