Thursday, June 3, 2010

Maison Martin Margiela 20 The Exhibition



That's Not My Age has a fashion hangover (or should that be a fashover?) caused by an excess of fine clothes and free wine. Last night, I followed the Tabi footprints to celebrate 20 years of Maison Martin Margiela at Somerset House. Have I told you how much I like Somerset House? London Fashion Week's new-ish home is a neoclassical marvel in Portland stone.



That's Not My Age is fond of a post-modern caravan but rather than dwell on rainy holidays up north, tonight's aim is to channel some Belgian glamour:



In true Margiela style, here's an anonymous blogger wearing some Incognito sunglasses:



They belong to my friend and fashion collector, Mr Robert de Niet. Who stockpiles clothes and accessories like it's nobody's business, he was in the exhibition shop faster than I could say conceptual chic:



The exhibition is superb, the clothes are sexy, provocative, clever. Here are my highlights - sorry they're a bit blurry, had to take photos surreptitiously when the men in white coats weren't looking.







Then it was out onto the riverside to enjoy more complimentary wine, quality snacks from Tom's Terrace and a gorgeous summer's evening.





On the terrace, That's Not My Age spotted Grazia's Paula Reed looking lovely in a khaki military dress.



And designer, Bella Freud with a fantastic shoulder bag. I came away feeling thoroughly inspired, happy that I'd celebrated the anniversary in style and longing for a little Margiela in my wardrobe. Oh to live in a trompe l'oeil world.





Maison Martin Margiela 20 The Exhibition is on from June 3 to September 5 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...