Saturday, February 5, 2011

Blue and Brown




Typically the colours of military uniforms and boilersuits, of bad seventies tailoring and nylon socks. Written off by Joe Strummer as what you wear when you've sold out, the combination of blue and brown has never been seen as a perfect partnership. Until now, that is. The two hues are as hot as Colin and Livia Firth this spring and That's Not My Age loves the pairing. Especially the rust-coloured blouse and cornflower pants at Diane von Furstenburg and the more relaxed reefer jacket and camel skinny jeans at Comptoir des Cotonniers, but most of all I love the pair of Sylvac bunnies that live on the windowsill in our spare room and keep me company when I'm sitting at my desk...




Cezanne wrote that, 'Blue gives other colours their vibration,' and he had a point.





Do you have a favourite colour combination?



DVF photo: style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...